Following the Western Australian mining downturn, the industry has now recovered to re-affirm its place as a major driver of the Australian economy.
Construction planned to commence/d in Western Australian mining industry 2019
- BHP South Flank – April 2019 (approx. 4-5 Billion)
- FMG expansion – Mid 2019 (approx. 4 Billion)
- Koodaideri mine/rail – May 2019 (approx. 2.5 Billion)
- Rio Tinto – expansions and new mines, March 2019, May 2019 (approx. 3 Billion)
- Roy Hill – expansions, Jan 2019 (approx. 2 Billion)
- Burrup Fertilisers – construction of new fertiliser plant starts 2019 (approx. 1 Billion)
- Iron Valley (Min Res) – construction of mine and rail network(approx. 2 Billion)
Supplementary to these projects there are almost 140 major projects either under way or planned for WA across many industries including road, construction, rail, oil and gas as well as mining.