The absolute height of a company’s success has to be when a product is called by its brand name rather than the name of the object itself. ‘Bubblewrap’, ‘Velcro’, ‘Thermos’, and ‘Chapstick’ are just a few examples. This said, one of the most successful brands in the earthmoving world would have to be the ‘Bobcat’. This skid-steer was branded ‘bobcat’ by Melroe in the 1960s, as the engineers believed it shared similar characteristics to their North American cat, being tough, fast, and nimble.
A Bobcat, known as a skid-steer loader, compact track loader, skidsteer, or skid loader is a small, rigid-framed, engine-powered earthmoving machine. The mini loader has arms that come with bucket attachments as standard, but the buckets can also be replaced by a variety of tools, including a hydraulic breaker, roller, cement mixer, backhoe, auger, or stump grinder, to name but a few. Skid-steer loaders are extremely maneuverable and are capable of zero-radius pirouette turning, making them both fun and easy to drive.
A little knowledge goes are a long way, so before hiring a skid-steer, here’s a quick guide for you:
Why should you rent a skid-steer loader?
- Excellent size and weight: Skid-steer loaders are extremely popular, mainly due to their convenient size and weight. They’re much smaller compared to compact or front loaders, allowing them to move with ease and convenience. As such, they can be transported and towed onto even the smallest project site.
- Versatile attachments and flow rate: Most project managers also opt to use skid-steers due to their versatility—various attachments for hire can be used, allowing operators to improve on and tackle various construction jobs. These attachments can be installed and swapped quickly and easily, thereby maximising your scope.
- Better operator control and visibility: as the operator is close to the ground, and with a 360-degree windowed cab, skid-steers offer excellent visibility. As such, these machines can be easily driven, further supported by convenient joystick controls.
Best Skid-Steer Loaders To Choose From
There is a wealth of skid-steer loaders available on the market, but Bobcat, Case, and Caterpillar offer some of the best. KEE Group has a variety of skid loaders ready for hire, making it easier for you to gain access to world-class equipment. Here are a few of our most popular skid loaders available for hire:
- BOBCAT S185: Although slightly larger than the S150, the Bobcat S185 is still small enough to provide you with powerful lifting capacities in small spaces. It’s perfect for daily operations, allowing ease and convenience no matter the industrial need.
- BOBCAT S650: The Bobcat S650 is perfect for vertical lift paths. It reaches higher without compromising power, allowing operators to reach full lift height rather than the traditional radius lift path.
Some of our more popular skid steers for hire are listed below:
- Case SR175 Skid Steer
- Case TR270 Skid Steer
- Caterpillar 226B Skid Steer
Hire the Best Earthmoving Equipment in WA
The construction industry can be challenging, but the best of today’s roads, buildings and infrastructure have been built with talent, hard work, and of course, the best construction equipment. To ensure your project’s success, it’s best to enlist the help of a company that delivers—in the realm of skid-steer loaders, KEE Hire is the company to trust.
If you’re looking for skid-steers for hire in Perth and other surrounding areas, KEE Group has you covered. We offer you only the finest construction equipment, handled by a team of professionals. Allow us to help you reach success—reach out to us today!
Photo credit: Equipment Watch